Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 1” cubes, seasoned with salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger*
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 13.5 oz canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Planet Rice Power Blend
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juice
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the chicken to the pot and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot, followed by the onion and carrot. Cook 5 minutes or until softened, then add the garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Add the water or stock and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken back to the pot along with the coconut milk, curry paste and salt, and stir well. Add the power blend but don’t stir… simply press it down gently into the liquid to submerge, then top with the peas.
- Secure the lid and close the venting valve. Select High Pressure for18-20 minutes, then open the venting valve and quick release the pressure. Remove the lid when it’s safe to do so. If the rice hasn’t absorbed all of the liquid, press the sauté button and cook for 2-3 minutes longer with the lid off until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the cilantro and lime juice to the rice, then gently mix in with a fork. Enjoy!
- *Freeze the ginger root and grate with a Microplane zester peel and all!
- Sub chicken breast with boneless skinless chicken thighs if desired.
- Add 1 tablespoon more red curry paste for extra heat.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.