Servings: 6 people
- 1 cup Planet Rice Organic Sprouted Brown Rice (1 cup makes 3 cups)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp freshly chopped oregano ( or half the amount of dried oregano)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ English cucumber chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ cup pittted kalamata olives halved
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup freshly chopped oregano or parsley
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. When the liquid has been absorbed, fluff the rice with a fork and allow to steam covered in the pan for 10 minutes. Place the rice in a bowl and let stand until room temperature.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, olives, feta cheese, onion and oregano or parsley to the bowl of rice.
- Place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons oregano, salt and pepper in a mason jar. Secure the lid and shake vigorously until emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the rice salad until well coated (you may not need it all). Serve and enjoy!
- Leftover salad may be eaten cold or reheated slightly for 20-30 seconds in the microwave. Drizzle with leftover dressing or olive oil if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.