Servings: 6 people
- 2 13.5oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1¼ cups water
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup Planet Rice Calrose rice
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cinnamon stick ( or tsp ground cinnamon )
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Toasted coconut flakes and raspberries, for topping
- Heat the coconut milk, water, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until the milk and sugar have melted.
- Add the rice, shredded coconut and stir well. Add the cinnamon stick or ground cinnamon, then bring to a low simmer. Reduce the heat so that the mixture is barely simmering and cook partially covered, stirring often, until the rice is done and the liquid has thickened to the desired consistency, between 30-45 minutes
- Remove from heat and remove the cinnamon stick (if using), then stir in the vanilla extract. Serve warm or room temperature, garnished with the coconut flakes and raspberries. Enjoy!
- Do not boil the coconut milk as it will curdle.
- Store the rice pudding in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.