Servings: 6 people
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup Planet Rice Organic Sprouted Brown Rice
- 4 Tbsp (3 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced Castelvetrano olives
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Lemon Garlic Aioli
- 1/2 cup Sir Kensington Vegan Mayo
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp teaspoon salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add the bell pepper and sauté for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and smoked paprika and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the rice, tomato paste, vegetable broth and salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the beans and stir well to combine. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the red wine vinegar over the top of the casserole. Fluff the rice with a fork gently while incorporating the vinegar into the rice. Cover and let stand 10 minutes to allow the rice to steam.
- Prepare the aioli. Place the mayo, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Add more lemon juice or water to thin the aioli to a drizzling consistency, or add more mayo to thicken it as desired.
- Drizzle the aioli over the rice casserole (or serve on the side), then sprinkle the olives and cilantro over the top. Serve and enjoy!
- Use hot paprika for an extra spicy flavor.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.