Servings: 4 people
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ¼ tsp saffron threads crushed
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ onion chopped fine
- 1⅛ cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup Planet Rice Sprouted Brown Rice
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- Place the saffron threads inthe boiling water and steep for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a mediumsaucepan over medium heat. Add the onionand cook for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the saffron mixture, water or broth, rice and salt and stirwell. Bring to a boil, then reduce theheat to low and cover. Simmer until therice is done and the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff the rice with a fork. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes to steam. Serve and enjoy!